New Life’s Forefront Program
This community-based program provides solution-focused interventions to promote family unity and cohesion. Strength-based service interventions include:
- Monitoring youths’ behaviors to encourage responsible choices that enable them to remain in the community.
- Facilitating family-centered interagency collaboration.
- Assisting families in accessing appropriate levels of support services within the community.
Services are designed to prevent out-of-home placement of youth or to assist in the reunification process when youth are returning home from placement.
The Forefront Program supports the youth within the context of the family unit. Through a structured system of monitoring and counseling, services are created to promote the optimal acquisition of skills to improve family relationships, foster academic achievement and to gain positive community involvement through structured after-school activities or employment.
- Two week assessment of strengths and concerns
- Individualized Goal Plan
- Services for a minimum of 4-6 months
- Counseling occurs at home and school
- Facilitation of meetings with school personnel
- Daily monitoring of school attendance, academics and behavior
- Coordination of structured community activities/employment acquisition
- Monitoring of positive home/community adjustment
- Connections to community support systems
- Facilitation of interagency meetings.
- Weekend respite options for youth needing higher levels of accountability
- Risk assessment and prevention
- Strengthening family relationships
- Parenting skills
- Improving school performance
- Developing positive social skills
- Problem solving skills
- Conflict management
- Life Skills
- Assessment by master degreed Clinical Counselor as warranted